Friday, April 19, 2013

Rain, Rain Go Away

Rain, Rain Go Away



            Wow, has it rained a ton this past week! This week’s weather has consisted of rain, rain, and some more rain. It has been announced on the news that we have already reached our total rainfall for April, within one week. I find that pretty crazy from how fast it happened. We have pretty much gotten out of our drought from all this rain, which is a very good thing. But this rain has caused a lot of problems too.
            Since we have had rain almost every day this past week, a lot of sporting events have been cancelled, such as; track meets, soccer games, and tennis matches. It is difficult for the schools to be finding time to fit in all of the events that had to be postponed. I wonder what they are going to do…
           When the schools have to postpone their sporting events, these students are loosing out on activities. If we keep receiving rain and having to postpone more events then the school will not be able to make them up because it will be the next season’s sports.
           Having to go outside in the rain just really sucks. I hate having to walk to my car in the rain because my shoes get all wet and dirty. Once I am inside though, I love the rain. I love the sound that it produces on the windows. It makes everything seem so relaxing. Also the thunder that comes from the sky makes me scared for what could come.
          Today has not had any rain, but has had some flurries. Receiving flurries at the end of April should not be happening. Also today is very windy. The windier it gets the colder it is. I think that if the wind were to be taken away, it wouldn’t be nearly as cold as it is.
          The more I think about it, the more I think that we will never get to spring or summer weather. If our winter is still occurring at the end of April then I think we have a problem…

(347 words)

           
            

No comments:

Post a Comment