Thursday, April 25, 2013

Don't Give Up

Don't Give Up


When Ms. A assigned that poetry assignment I wanted to cry. Now that I have completed the assignment I am glad I did it. I think that having to write the poem was a very difficult task, but I learned from doing it. Many people including me didn’t want to do the assignment when it was handed out. Most of us now would say it ended up being an ok assignment.

I am writing this blog to explain how important it is to not give up. While writing that poem I wanted to stop and give up every five minutes but then I would say to myself that I couldn’t because it was going to be graded. After completing the assignment I am happy that I didn’t give up because if I would have given up, then I wouldn’t be able to be proud of the poem I wrote.

As I was writing the poem, I didn’t exactly know what I was going to write until I got to the next line, I didn’t have an outline in my head. I did want the poem to describe the object of a basketball and I think I did a good job with that.

Sometimes when you are doing something that you don’t exactly want to be doing, you have to take it in little steps. If you look at it overall, then you will get too overwhelmed with what you are trying to accomplish. That is why I took each line of my poem one step at a time, other than thinking about the poem as a hole.

Many people that don’t want to accomplish something that is hard will give up. Don’t be that person. Try to accomplish as many challenging things as you can and you will feel a lot better about yourself.

(304 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment