Thursday, April 11, 2013

Getting asked to Prom

Getting asked to Prom


            So it is the middle of April and prom is April 27th. I technically still do not have a date. Yes I am a junior but I have a boyfriend that is a senior who hasn’t asked me yet. I keep receiving crap from my friends saying he is going to ask someone else or that he just won’t ask me at all and expect me to go with him. They are kidding about him asking someone else but they are serious about him just expecting me to go with him.
            Every girl wants to get asked to a dance in a fun and cool way, but when you have a significant other, does that still apply? I believe it does because most girls like to get asked in a cute way and then brag and show everyone about it. I haven’t been able to do that because I haven’t been asked in a cute way that everyone would be jealous about. I am starting to wonder if I will ever get asked in a way that everyone will talk about…probably not.
            I have been dating my boyfriend for almost three years now and I still expect to get asked in a cute way. Most people would say that if you are dating someone there is no need to ask them because it is expected you will go with them. I think that is kind of stupid because most people who aren’t dating someone still knows who they are going to go to the dance with, but they still ask in a cute way. Most of the time it isn’t a surprise when someone asks you because the two talk about going to the dance before.
            Also it is the best when people get asked to the dance by someone who thought of the idea on their own. When they steal an idea from a person who has done it before kind of ruins the whole “cute” thing. When someone thinks of their own thing to do, it really makes the person being asked feel special.
            All I am saying is I better get asked to prom within the next week. If it is prom week and I have not been asked I will be disappointed. While all the other girls are being asked to prom I am sitting there watching it all happen. Sometimes I want to say, “If you don’t ask me then I will go with someone else” just to see what he says...just kidding. But hopefully I am asked soon…

(424 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment