Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Sick Life

The Sick Life


These past three days have been terrible. Sitting on the couch and watching TV is what I have done for the past three days. I know you are thinking how could that be so horrible? Well laying on the couch with a sickness is exactly what I have been doing. I haven’t been sick for a long time, I believe over a year ago was the last time I was sick. I really did forget how miserable it can be.

I woke up Monday morning with a throbbing headache and aching stomach. I wasn’t even able to stand up for longer than five minutes because I was in so much pain. Tuesday was a better day, my headache was gone and I just had a stomach ache. Wednesday I stayed home another day from school because I woke up with the same issues I had Monday. As Wednesday had progressed, I had felt a little better but my stomach was still bothering me.

Thank goodness for the snow day Tuesday because if it weren’t for the snow day I would have missed four days of school instead of three. I hate missing school for the fact that I have to make everything up. In fact, I have only had one absence this whole school year up until these past two days. I think that is pretty good attendance if you were to ask me.

I just hope that this sickness goes away within the next day. If it keeps up I will need to go to the doctor to see what is wrong. I was going to go to the doctor today but then decided not to go because I was starting to feel better. I was thinking of possible sicknesses I could have and thought of mono or maybe I am just dehydrated. Who knows exactly what I have wrong with me because I never went to the doctor.

I hope this blog makes you want to take care of your body so that you don’t get sick. You can take care of your body by washing your hands frequently throughout the day. Also avoid putting your fingers in your mouth or touching your face. There are a lot of germs on your hands and fingers and when you put them in your mouth you are only asking to become sick. After having to deal with what I have right now, I know I will be washing my hands more and more to prevent any sickness spreading.

(418 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment