Thursday, March 7, 2013

Missing School

Missing School


Since I have been sick these past four days, I haven’t been able to attend school.  That is the worst thing about being sick is not being able to go to school. I know that may sound really stupid but I hate missing school. The main reason I hate missing school is because of the make up work that I have to do. I haven’t missed one full school day yet this year until the beginning of this week.

Yesterday I was feeling a lot better until last night. I went to volleyball practice last night which now I think was a bad choice and after practice I went to Wendy’s to get a baked potato and chicken nuggets. Since I hadn’t ate much all week I was very hungry and thought it would be good to eat. But then after I got home and laid down, I felt really sick to my stomach and felt like throwing up. I believe it was because I ate so much. Now I know not to do that and to take it slow when I eat.

Today was the day that I was going to try to go to school and see how I felt but when I woke up this morning, I felt very sick again. I believe I have a virus and that I just need to rest to feel better. After I woke up this morning and talked to my mom, she said that she thought it would be the best decision for me to stay home from school one more day.

Staying home from school makes me sick because then I think about all the work that I will have to make up when I get back to school.  Whenever I stay home from school I try to make sure that I ask for work that the class did that day. Doing that usually makes me feel better about not being left behind.

I really do encourage all students who have to stay home from school for some reason to email their teachers and ask for make up work. It allows you to stay on track and not get so far behind. If you don’t understand the material, at least you know what you have missed or have been missing.

I honestly don’t think I would have ever said this but I want to go back to school. The sooner the better because the more school days I miss the more work I have to make up.

(418 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment