Thursday, March 7, 2013

ACT Time

ACT Time


Have you taken the ACT yet? If you haven’t I would totally recommend studying for the ACT. It has been shown on this website that studying for the ACT helps people receive better scores. The best way to study for the ACT is to take practice tests to see what the questions could be like.

You make ask, “How do you study for the ACT?” Well there are many different tools to use to study. The best study tool I think is the ACT website. It gives you hints on how to take the test. Also the best part of the website is there are practice tests for each section; reading, English, science, and math.

Another tool you could use are the ACT test prep booklets that have practice tests included with answer keys. Using a booklet allows it to be a lot more realistic to how it would be on the actual test. I say that because you don’t take the test on the computer, you take it on paper.

I have taken the ACT once before earlier this year and I didn’t do my best. I thought it would be a good idea to take the test without studying and then seeing what I need to work on. I would say not to do that. I think the first time you take the ACT, you should study for it many days prior to the test day. I am currently signed up to take the ACT again in April. I really do hope that I receive a better score by at least four.

I know that it is hard to sit down and study for something but this test is really important. It basically allows you to get into college. If you don’t receive a good enough score you could not be accepted. You may think the best thing to do is to take the ACT the first time without studying so you could see what you need to improve on or study more on, but I would not do this. Why not study the first time and receive a good enough score that allows you to not have to take it again? I wish I had done that.

(370 words)

1 comment:

  1. Tip: Each year, ACT publishes a booklet titled "Preparing for the ACT." It contains, among other things, an official and complete ACT test (one that has been "retired"). This is more reliable example than the "facsimile tests" provided by the test prep companies. If you haven't received a copy from ACT, get one from your counseling office.

    ReplyDelete