Sunday, March 17, 2013

Vacation

Vacation

           Most people here in Cedar Rapids are going somewhere warm and fun for spring break and I am sitting here in good ol’ Cedar Rapids extremely bored. I have not gone on a vacation somewhere warm in two years. Two years ago in May I went to Florida with a friend and her dad. In eighth grade I also went to Cabo, Mexico with two friends and our moms. That was probably my favorite trip so far in my life because I was able to be with my friends and my mom at the same time. It just has been a long time since our family has gone on a vacation.
            The only two vacations that my family has gone on together is we went to Florida once and Arizona once. When we went to Florida we went with my two grandparents and attended all the Disney World parks. When we went to Arizona we stayed with my grandparents at their house that they have there. Both of these trips were very fun to be able to hang out with the family and relax at the same time. The next trip I go on I want it to be with my family. I don’t get to spend much time with my family so it would be nice to be somewhere with only them that you know and just hang out.
            What makes vacations the best is the ability to just relax. Now that I am older I would rather go someplace with a beach and warm weather to lay around every day in and not have to be on a schedule. When you go someplace like Disney World, its like you need to go to every amusement park. To go to every amusement park you kind of have to be on a certain schedule so that you get to every place. Sometimes that becomes overwhelming because you aren’t ever able to just lay around and relax.
            I remember when our family went to Florida, my dad kept trying to get us to go to all of these places. I think that it was good that we went to all the amusement parks because when you are in Orlando, Florida for the first time you kind of have to do the whole Disney World stuff. When we went to Arizona, we weren’t as busy and overwhelmed with all the activities to do so it was much for relaxing. In Arizona we were able to sit around on the pool and relax every day but in Florida we had one day on the beach and the rest were days at the amusement park.
(441 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment