Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day

            March 17th is a crazy day here in the United States. It is St. Patrick’s Day where all the adults go to bars and get wasted. Actually I shouldn’t just say adults, some teenagers think that it is ok to act as an adult and drink and be crazy. I think this is totally wrong. First of all I don’t even understand why St. Patrick’s Day is the day where a lot of people drink.
            There are a lot of cool things that happen on St. Patrick’s Day though. A lot of the cites around the United States will have a parade. Also many restaurants do cool things with their food. I know that Panchero’s makes their burritos green. The little things like that make St. Patrick’s Day enjoyable.
            I believe that the parade is the best part to St. Patrick’s Day. It provides something for the little kids to do and watch. It if weren’t for the parade then St. Patrick’s Day wouldn’t be the same at all. Having the parade completes the idea of St. Patrick’s Day. I think that it is like that for a lot of the holidays though.
            I am really curious on how all the adults that have been partying it up all day are going to attend work tomorrow. If they are up drinking all day and then have to get up early in the morning for work, I am guessing they will be having a pretty ruff day. I wonder if it really is worth it? All the drinking and partying and then having to work the next day… I know I wouldn’t want to do that.
            Do people even know why we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? To be honest, I really had no clue until I asked a couple people. They said that it is because we have many Irish people in our country. In Ireland, St. Patrick’s Day is like their New Years Eve, where everyone parties and celebrates. I just find it funny that most people out there who are partying all day don’t even know why we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.

(353 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment