Thursday, January 31, 2013

Flu Season

Flu Season


Many and many people are starting to get sick. I guess it is that time of the year: Flu Season. It has been all over the news and media lately that the flu is going around. The news has been hiring doctors to come to their studio and answer any questions people might have regarding the flu. They have said the best thing to do is to get the flu shot. When I was younger I would always get the flu shot. These past 2 or 3 years my sisters and I have not received the flu shot. My mom has read information on the internet that talks badly about the flu shot and the effects the shot could produce. This influenced my mom to have us kids not receive the shot. She thought that she would rather have us get the flu than possibly receive the effects from the shot.

We have been lucky that all three of us haven’t had the flu ever since we stopped receiving the shot. I find this kind of surprising because many people get the flu over the winter and neither of us has gotten it without a shot. You would think that if you didn’t get the shot, you would most likely get the flu, but not in our case. I don’t want to jinx my sisters and I but it really is weird that we haven’t been sick with the flu. By being around so many people all the time you would think we would.

There are things that you can do to prevent the flu. One like I stated earlier was to get the flu shot. Another big thing you can do is wash your hands multiple times a day. Shown on this website, it is very important to wash your hands. Also when you have to cough or sneeze, make sure you do it into your arm, not out in front of you. Not covering your cough or sneeze allows the germs to spread everywhere. It is amazing how far the germs can travel from your nose and mouth.

Also if you are sick with the flu or you just don’t feel good, don’t come to school. If you don’t go to a school then don’t go places that you will be around other people. By going to school or being with others you are making it very easy for others to get sick. Do the right thing and stay home.

I would say the main thing you should do if you want to prevent receiving the flu or getting sick is to wash your hands. Washing them multiple times a day not just after you go to the bathroom will be very helpful.

(455 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment