Thursday, January 17, 2013

Public Display of Affection


Public Display of Affection

          Hands off of each other, seriously though. Like that is disgusting. This is what I say to myself every, and I mean every single day in the hallways at Kennedy High School. We have a serious problem here with PDA, public display of affection. It is so bad that it’s starting to get disgusting.
When I walk through the halls at Kennedy I shouldn’t be disturbed or be afraid to what I am going to see, but too be honest I am. There are certain areas of the school where there is always people making out and then you get the occasional couple kissing right in front of you before you walk into class. Both of these things need to stop because this is school, not your home.
I found that in this article, Strauss stated in the first paragraph that it is not only the adults in the building who are getting embarrassed and annoyed from PDA. I would totally have to agree with this statement. There are many people in the school that aren’t involved in PDA and are very annoyed from it. Actually me personally I’m not just annoyed, I am embarrassed also. These teenagers who are involved in PDA are setting a bad rep for all teenagers. Also it is very embarrassing to say that your school is involved in extreme PDA.
About a month ago I heard that a teacher caught two students having sex in the black box. This is not only extremely embarrassing for the two students caught but for the rest of the student body and teachers also. It doesn’t make sense to me at all. I have found PDA more and more every year.
I don’t understand why these people can’t just hang out at their homes and do what ever they want there. Maybe some parents are strict about relationships and don’t let their kid hang out with their significant other. All I am saying is don’t do it at school; too many people are here watching it all happen.

(340 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment