Thursday, January 10, 2013

Student Teachers

Student Teachers

I just found out the other day that we are going to be having a student teacher in my social studies class for about 2 or more months starting at the end of January. When I heard that, I got excited and then questionable at the same time. I became excited just because it’s nice to have something new happen during your school day and having a new person teach your class is definitely new. Also having a new person teach your class can be stressful.

If the student teacher is teaching for their first time ever then it gets a little interesting. When they don’t know what they’re talking about and give the class wrong information, it becomes very annoying. If the student teacher doesn’t know how to teach the information, the students will not understand it. That is why I am a little nervous about this student teacher coming. Also they could grade completely different than what our teacher now grades.

I have heard stories about math student teachers and the students in that class having a bad grade because the student teacher doesn’t know how to teach the material. When the students ask for help, he or she doesn’t know how to help them. This is where student teachers can be annoying. But if you are able to have a good student teacher, it is a nice change.

(231 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment