Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Snow Storm


Snow Storm

            I am pretty sure ninety percent of the student body at Kennedy High School today was very excited for this snowstorm. Everyone all day kept saying that there will not be school tomorrow but we don’t know that for sure yet. It is very likely that we will have a snow day with what the weathermen have said. Eight to twelve inches is what we are expected to get within the next day. Obviously the weathermen have been wrong before so we can’t get our hopes up when we don’t know exactly what we are going to get. I hope that they are right though.
            I sometimes wish that the weather men wouldn’t tell us that we are going to have all this snow because if we don’t get any then a lot of people get upset. I would rather have them say we are only going to get an inch and then be surprised with a ton of snow.
            This snowstorm has really popped out off nowhere. The weathermen have told us since Monday night that there was a possible storm to hit Cedar Rapids, but no one was expecting snow Monday morning. When we have been having 40-degree weather just a week ago you wouldn’t expect to get a huge snowstorm a week later.
            I am so happy that we are supposed to get a lot of snow because I can’t stand when we have a green Christmas. Every Christmas in the Midwest should have a white Christmas. I believe last year we didn’t have snow on Christmas and it just doesn’t feel right. Having snow on the ground makes Christmas ten times better than no snow. The traveling is a little harder when there is snow but the feeling of Christmas is so much better.
            As I sit here and watch the snow fall down, I wait and stare at the TV screen for the Cedar Rapids Public Schools Closed Thursday pop up on the bottom of the screen. When will they announce it? Who knows… I hope that it is announced tonight because then everyone is able to sleep in tomorrow instead of having to wake up early and see if there is a snow day. The superintendent obviously knows that there is supposed to be a lot of snow so maybe he will cancel it tonight, knowing the roads will be bad tomorrow.

(400 words)
             

1 comment:

  1. I love how they predicted 8-12 inches when we got about 5. I'm glad we had a snow day, but it would have been SO much better if Friday was cancelled as well. :(

    ReplyDelete