Thursday, December 13, 2012

Making Money

Making Money

                Having to attend a job each and every day would suck. I am glad that I don’t have the time to have a job. With playing basketball and volleyball all year long, it makes it difficult to have a job. The only time that I really could get one is in the spring after basketball season, but then AAU basketball starts.

                Sometimes I wish I could have a job so that I would have a constant income every week but then I know that if I had a job on top of the sports that I play, I wouldn’t have any free time. But as I have stated in a previous blog, I have to pay a lot of things with my own money. You probably are wondering how I pay for anything if I don’t have a job. Well the answer to that is, I babysit.

               To be honest, I have a very lucky babysitting job. The family that I babysit the most often is my next door neighbors. They have two daughters. They’re five and seven years old. It is very convenient when I babysit them because they live right next door so if I need to go home for something we just walk right over to my house. Also it’s nice because the girls love going to my house to see my dog. If I need to finish a chore or whatever real quick they will play with my dog.

                Also the parents pay me more than I would have ever imagined being paid. They do not have a certain amount of money that they pay me each hour but it is more than enough. Sometimes I will be paid $10 an hour and sometimes I will be paid $15 an hour. It really is a lot of money, and they have been paying me this ever since I have started watching their two girls, at the age of 11.

                When I first started babysitting them and I came home with money, my parents would always ask me how much money did you make, and I would tell them. Once I told them I would realize it was too much because of the expression that was on their face. My parents would then make me walk back over to their house and tell them that it was too much, and that they needed to take some of it back. They would say ok and take back at max $5.

The thing is I love watching these two girls. If the kids were bad then yes maybe $15 an hour or so would be fine but these girls are great kids. They have awesome manners and treat each other with respect most of the time. When I already have plans for the night and they ask me to babysit, it is hard to say no because of the amount I am paid and because I enjoy watching their kids so much.
(495 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment