Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Snap Chat


Snap Chat

            I don’t know if you have ever heard of Snap Chat, but it sure is becoming popular. I know that a year ago my older sister told me about Snap Chat but I couldn’t get the app because I didn’t have an iPhone. IPhones were the only phones that had snap chat till about a couple months ago when it opened up to androids also. It is kind of funny seeing it now just become popular when it was out on the market a year ago. More people have androids than iPhones, I guess.
            If you don’t know what Snap Chat is, it is an app where you can send someone a picture and decide up to 10 seconds for him or her to see it. Once that time is up, the picture is gone forever. This can be a good and a bad thing. It is a good thing when you just want to send an embarrassing picture of your face but don’t want it to show very long. But then it is a bad thing when you want the picture to stay longer and then it just goes away. Also if you wanted the picture to stay with the person, then you could just send it to them as a text message so that the picture can be saved.
            I am getting a little bit suspicious on this app though. I can see people using this app to show inappropriate pictures. Too be honest, why would you do that? Especially no one knows exactly where these pictures go. The people who made up Snap Chat could be getting all of these pictures that you take. It gets a little scary when you hear that people are doing that. If I were you, I would stop because you don’t know where those pictures are going.
            On the other hand I love Snap Chat. It allows me to be myself and take goofy pictures and send them to all my friends. I kind of use it like text messaging but with a picture also. When you Snap Chat a picture you can add a message to it so it is a good way to communicate when you can see their expressions.
            Just within the past few days, there was an update on Snap Chat. This update now allows there to be videos sent between you and your friends. I haven’t quite figured it out yet so I haven’t been using it as much. I feel like adding the video to Snap Chat will bring a lot more users. I would have to say that this app has been the big talk for the past couple months now.

(449 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment