Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Visiting Colleges

Visiting Colleges

                I am only a junior and I am starting to look at colleges. I have been told by many people that looking at colleges before your senior year is a brilliant thing to do. If you wait till you are a senior to just start researching colleges then you will very rushed to pick a college that is best for you.

                Touring/visiting colleges is probably the best thing that you can do. As a junior I have visited two colleges this past summer. Both schools are around Kansas City. William Jewel University and Rockhurst University are the two colleges I have toured. I am so glad that I decided to go on these two visits because then my process of choosing a college has officially started.

                Out of the two colleges that I visited I liked Rockhurst better. The campus was a little bigger than William Jewel and it felt a lot more of my type of college. I will most likely play basketball or volleyball in college so right now I am just waiting to see what opportunities I will be given. I was looking at the William Jewel basketball program and the Rockhurst Volleyball program. While touring Rockhurst, they had a volleyball camp going on so it was exciting to see their team in action.

                I have only visited two colleges and I already am worrying. It is going to be crazy once I visit over ten and having to pick one college to attend. The only bad thing about going on those two visits this past summer was the fact that I still have another year ahead of me which I will be visiting a lot more. When it comes down to actually making a decision to which college I will attend, the two that I have already visited will not be as clear in my head as the others. That is why I think I should have maybe waited a little bit longer. But this way I have experienced two different colleges already and can add more to the list.

                If you are a junior and haven’t visited any schools, I would start because in the end it will all be worth it. You will have a lot more of a variety of schools to choose from then waiting till the last minute and only being able to choose from two. If you are a senior and haven’t started then I hope that this blog gave you a lot of motivation to start looking at schools. And if it didn’t then good luck!

(427 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment