Thursday, October 4, 2012

Afternoon vs Morning Practice

Afternoon vs Morning Practice


            Are you in sports? Well if you aren’t in sports this blog will most likely not interest you, but feel free to read it! If you are in sports, what would you rather do, have morning practice or after noon practice?
            If I were to answer that question I would say it would depend. If we had to have morning practice every single morning, I would absolutely hate that. Morning practices for volleyball start at 5:30am and are done around 7 or 7:30. Having to wake up at 5 every single morning would become very hard for me to be able to do.
            Our afternoon volleyball practices start at about 3 and end at about 6. So morning practices can be an hour and a half to two hours long and afternoon practices can be up to 3 hours long. This might help you decide what you would rather prefer, morning or afternoon practice.
            It is nice when you have morning practice to be able to go home right after school, complete my homework and then have the rest of the night to do whatever. Also having to wake up at 5 in the morning is not very fun. After my afternoon practices, I usually do not get home till about 6:15 or 6:30 and by the time I start my homework its 7. By the time I am done with my homework I am too exhausted to do anything else and I just go to sleep. That is what really stinks about afternoon practices.
            If it were up to me to make a practice schedule I would make Wednesdays and Fridays morning practice and Tuesdays and Thursdays afternoon practice. All of us volleyball players prefer to have Fridays be morning practice that way we are able to start our weekend earlier. Having Friday morning practice allows us players to actually be a high school teenager and get ready with our friends for football games. When we have afternoon practices we don’t have any time to get ready for games and end up showing up late. When we show up late, we don’t get a good spot in the student section, which is not fun at all.
            So if you were given the decision to have morning or afternoon practice, what would you do? Would you give up sleeping in an extra hour or two so that you don’t have afternoon practice? I know that I would and I bet you would too.

(413 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment