Wednesday, October 10, 2012

It's Christmas Time!

It's Christmas Time!


            It is never too early for Christmas. This past weekend my family and I celebrated Christmas together at my house. Yes I agree, that is very different and odd. Every person who I have told that I had Christmas this past weekend ask why. Their expression on their face is priceless because it looks like they are totally jealous, which I bet they are! The reason why we have Christmas so early is because my grandparents leave for Arizona in a couple weeks so we have to have Christmas before they leave. They are usually in Arizona for a couple months including the whole winter because they don’t like the cold much.
            A couple weeks ago as I walk in the front door, I see my mother setting up a little white Christmas tree. As it begins to be completely set up, she then starts to add the decorations to the tree. I ask her what she is doing because we have never had Christmas at my house, we usually go to my Uncle’s in DeWitt. She replied saying everyone is coming to our house for Christmas this year. That really surprised me but I was excited for a change. With lights going up and down the tree and ornaments wrapping the tree, it really started to feel like Christmas.
The best part is having Halloween and Christmas decorations up at the same time. Especially when Halloween hasn’t even occurred yet. It is funny seeing friends walk into the house and their expression on their face from the Christmas tree and snowman sitting in the dinning room. They laugh and say what is that doing here. It’s always a good conversation starter.
            All of this is the beauty of fall. I love the feeling of having Christmas before Halloween, being able to meet up with my family again. Sharing memories and pigging out on all of the food has to be the best. I do have to admit it is weird receiving presents this early especially when they are wrapped in Christmas paper.
            I think it would be weird though if the Meier side of my family actually celebrated Christmas around Christmas time. We have been celebrating Christmas this early for at least six years. When the actual Christmas day comes around, we celebrate with my other side of the family traveling to where my relatives live. I know either way, before Christmas or Christmas day I love to celebrate with my family. I don’t know what I would do without them and I love them for everything they do for me.
           
(432 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment