Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Moving Out

Moving Out       
            
             Have you ever had a close relationship with someone who lives in your own home that moves away? I have had close relationships with two people who have moved out of my house in the past year and a half. The two people consist of my older sister, Olivia and my cousin, Cody. My sister Olivia is 19 and went to college about a year and a half ago and my cousin Cody just moved out this past July. Cody is a girl; yes many people find that very odd that a girl would have the name Cody.

             Olivia and I have had a close relationship for a couple years now after passing the “immature” stage. We used to fight all the time and didn’t even want to be together but ever since I was in 6th grade I started to become very close to her. Olivia having to leave me a year and a half ago was extremely different. Not being able to see her every day when I came home from school and running errands with her was just not right. I never really knew how it was going to be when it was her time to move out until the day came and didn’t see her when I arrived home.
            My cousin Cody had lived with us for about 3 years. After she attended Kirkwood she enrolled in Mount Mercy. When she went to Kirkwood she lived in an apartment with friends from high school because her parents lived in DeWitt, Iowa which is about an hour and a half away. But when she left Kirkwood to attend Mount Mercy she moved in with us. By moving in our home, she was given the option to “live” for “free”.

           Cody was like another older sister to me. She was another member of our family. This girl was always there for me when I needed help. We treated each other like sisters and probably always will. It was kind of nice to have Cody still living at my house after Olivia left. It made it not as hard living without Olivia at home when Cody was still there. This is the first year Cody hasn’t lived with us in quite some time now and it is kind of hard. Cody’s room in our house was down stairs with me. Now that Cody doesn’t live there, I am all alone in the basement every night when I am up late doing homework.

I always enjoyed coming home late from a basketball or volleyball game going into Cody’s room and talking with her while everyone else was asleep. Having her leave our family has been difficult. My parents adored her in every way possible. We would sometimes come home from a tournament and the house would be completely spotless. The floors would be vacuumed and the furniture dusted. This made my mom a very pleased lady.
            I know that both of these people have made a huge impact on my life and still do. It was harder to say see yeah to Cody than Olivia because my sister will always come back to our house to visit but Cody is moving on in her life and starting a real job. I know it is going to be harder for Cody to come back to visit than my sister but both people I love so much and wish I could move back 3 years so we could all live together again.

(580 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment