Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It's Fall Time

It's Fall Time


If you were ever asked what your favorite season is of the year what would you say? I know for sure my answer would be the fall going into the winter. I love the sweatpants and sweatshirt weather so much. It is the most comfortable outfit out there. Most people would disagree with me on their favorite season because it feels like everyone loves summer. People love the summer because there is more to do. People like to play outside, tan, go boating, go camping, and grill out. Don’t get me wrong I love to do all of those things and I do love the summer but the fall is by far my favorite. 
When I think of fall I think of football, leaves, Halloween, haunted houses, sweatshirts, and volleyball. Probably the best thing about the fall is being able to go to the Iowa football games and watching my cousin play. He is an offensive lineman, number 60. Yes, every time we get together as a family he eats all of the food and I mean all…he is a pretty big guy. The Iowa football games are so fun. You are able to experience so many different things when attending an Iowa football game. It will always be a memory of mine after attending one.
         Now I would have to admit the next best thing about fall is the cuddling in your sweatshirt on the couch watching movies on Sundays’. I look forward to Sundays’ every day because of the fact that I get to be lazy most of the day. During the week I am so busy with my sports and homework that I never have time to just sit on the couch and watch TV. It is actually kind of depressing. I hate coming home to see my family all together in the living room while I have to go straight down stairs to do my homework…not fun.
        
          Also Halloween and haunted houses...how could you not love them! Halloween you receive tons and tons of candy and haunted houses you get the crap scared out of you. Both of these events are what make fall, fall. Not attending a haunted house during the fall would break my heart. I have attended a haunted house every year with my friends and am always the one that has to lead the pack. I hate that because you are the one that has to feel around to figure out where to go when it’s completely dark.
        
         Volleyball is another reason why fall is my favorite. Volleyball takes place during the whole season of fall. It is one of my favorite sports and I have always enjoyed playing it. Towards Halloween, our team goes on a scavenger hunt as we are dressed in our Halloween costumes. That is a memory that I will never forget.
        
        The last thing that I love about the fall is that it’s almost Christmas time. Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. People then ask why isn’t winter your favorite season and that is because I don’t like when it is extremely cold. I can handle the 40 and 50 degree weather but once it becomes colder, it is not my thing. Fall is my favorite season of the year and I don’t think I will ever think differently.

(553 words)

1 comment: